Some people want to escape from city life by expending energy: going fishing, horse riding, hiking or kayaking. These activities are all subject to season and weather, and may carry additional charges.
More leisurely activities at Grasmere include resting by the pool, being pampered in the spa, or picnicking under a willow tree by one of our nearby lakes.
- Walking and Hiking on trails around the station. Follow either our easy or more challenging trails. All have spectacular scenery and excellent picnic spots.
- Detailed ‘Self-guided’ nature walk.
- Mountain biking. Extensive network of easy and more challenging trails.
- Outdoor heated pool.
- Petanque / Boules
- Acres of lawn space for ball games such as soccer, rugby or tearing about on.
- English country garden to explore, or just sit and enjoy.
- Extensive Library.
- Chess, board games, computer games and DVD movies. For rainy days.
- Pool and billiard table. Nearby to the extensive bar.
- Bird watching. Forest, wetlands and open country.
- Photography. Leave lots of memory space.