Activities at Grasmere
Our prime aim at Grasmere is for you to relax. If we find a guest asleep with a book in the library, we take that as a compliment.
Some people want to escape from city life by expending energy: going fishing, horse riding, hiking or kayaking.
More leisurely activities at Grasmere include resting by the pool, being pampered in the spa, or picnicking under a willow tree by one of our nearby lakes.
Whatever you choose, we’ll endeavour to make any arrangements necessary so that you can relax and enjoy this beautiful spot.
We can arrange fishing guides, hunting guides, clay pigeon shooting, skiing, or four-wheel-drive safaris into the back-country. These activities are all subject to season and weather, and carry additional charges.
- Walking and Hiking on trails around the station. Follow either our easy or more challenging
trails. All have spectacular scenery and excellent picnic spots.
- Detailed ‘Self-guided’ nature walk.
- Lovable golden retrievers for walking companions.
- Mountain biking. Extensive network of easy and more challenging trails.
- Outdoor heated pool.
- Petanque / Boules
- Acres of lawn space for ball games such as soccer, rugby or tearing about on.
- English country garden to explore, or just sit and enjoy.
- Extensive Library.
- Chess, board games, computer games and DVD movies. For rainy days.
- Pool and billiard table. Nearby to the extensive bar.
- Bird watching. Forest, wetlands and open country.
- Photography. Leave lots of memory space.